21st September 2018
Dear Parents and Carers,
This is the second of our School Notices bulletins informing you of upcoming events and information. We have exciting plans for how the website will be developed to incorporate the notices and much more information about the life of the school - again we thank you for your patience and we hope to up and running by the beginning of October. Thank you for feedback on the first notices bulletin and in particular the importance that you place on the knowing the worship theme of the week. We will ensure this is shared weekly on the notices bulletin or directly onto the website.
- On Monday will be holding a non-school uniform day in aid of Jeans for Genes and Chestnut Tree House. We have decided to combine fundraising for these two wonderful causes (Jeans for Genes is this Friday however we wanted to wait till Year 5 returned from the Isle of Wight) and one of our parents (also a School Governor) is taking part in a number of physical challenges to raise money for the Chestnut tree House Children’s Hospice. We would ask the children to wear jeans and a yellow top (or a top with some yellow!). A suggested donation would be 50p per child or £1 per family (of course please just give what you can).
- Year 5 are continuing to have a wonderful time in the Isle of Wight. We hope parents of the Year 5 children have been able to pick up with the goings-on through the Isle of Wight Blog.
- Thank you to parents and carers that attended the first PTA meeting this week. Don’t forget there is a less formal meeting on 26th September at 8pm in the back room/space at The Foragers pub.
- On Thursday 27th September the photographers will be here at the school to take Formal class photos. Please don’t forget to send the children in looking smart and in correct uniform.
- Don’t forget to visit our Martlets snail on display in the window of the Martlets shop in Blatchington Road.
Worship theme of the week (Monday 17th – Friday 21st September)
This week we have been continuing to re-visit our School core values- with a particular focus Achieve.