14th September 2018
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to the first of our new School Notices bulletins in which we will be informing you of upcoming events and information. We are in the process of updating our website so that you can find the information there too. We would ask for your patience as we will be setting this up over the next few weeks.
- St Andrew’s Church Late Summer Fair is this Saturday 12-3pm. Entry is free. Bring your teddy for a go on Brighton's only Teddy Zip Wire or bring a cake for the Bake-Off Competition or just bring yourselves for the church’s annual get together. There will be activities for everyone and all are welcome.
- Year 5 is off to the Isle of Wight on Monday. Please bring your child to school at 8am on Monday with their suitcase/bag containing everything they need and a day bag/rucksack containing a packed lunch and two water bottles.
- The next PTA meeting is on19th September at 6.30pm in the staff room. A less formal PTA meeting will be held on 26th September at 8pm in the back room/space at The Foragers pub.
- If your child has any food allergies/intolerances and requires a special menu, you need to complete an allergy and intolerance form that can be found on the Brighton & Hove City Council website at https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/children-and-education/schools/school-meals. The form then needs to be emailed to Caterlink at the address shown or you can bring it into school. Until the special menu is sent to school, children with allergies/intolerances can only be served jacket potatoes with baked beans.
- The School Nurse is available to meet parents/carers on Friday 5th If you would like to book an appointment to discuss issues such as bed wetting, teeth, sleep problems, eating (over or under weight), worms, etc, please contact the school office giving your name, the name of your child and a brief description of the issue.
- BMHA (Brighton & Hove Music & Arts) offer children and young people instrumental and vocal learning opportunities through their Get into Music programme. They are offering a taster morning at Brighton Dome on 22 September for children in Years 2-6 and their families to find out more about what’s involved in learning a musical instrument. For more information please click on this link https://mailchi.mp/bf2b62af23b0/4hddd5q383-2065347?e=8de8e755a0.
- For interested parents/carers there is a Digital Parenting magazine available to read online at https://parentzone.org.uk/digital-parenting-online-safety-magazine-archive.
- You may remember the Martlets snail that the children decorated at the end of the summer term. If you would like to see it, our snail is currently displayed in the window of the Martlets shop in Blatchington Road.
- Mrs Ovnik gave birth to a healthy baby boy called Charlie who arrived on Monday. We wish the Ovnik family all the best as they enter this new, exciting phase in their lives.