ST. ANDREW'S PTA
About the St Andrew’s Parent and Teacher Association (PTA)
“I can’t overstate the important work that our PTA does to bind our community together. Their work provides opportunities for everyone in the school to work together for the benefit of our children. Their fundraising support enables us to really enrich the school environment. We could not run many of the events that the children all love, without having an active, caring PTA. Thank you all for your support.” Trevor Cristin - Head Teacher
Welcome to St Andrew’s CofE Primary School Hove, and welcome to our Parent and Teacher Association (PTA). This is one of many ways parents can get more involved in our thriving school community.
The PTA has two main aims. Firstly, we provide activities and events which enrich the life of the whole school community. Activities which all our children benefit from as well as events which enable parents and staff to get to know one another better. Secondly, we raise money which allows the school to carry out activities often supporting the curriculum that would otherwise not be possible.
The funds raised are used in a variety of ways; for example, we provide each class teacher with a small fund to purchase additional learning resources in every classroom. We pay for enhancements to playground facilities such as planters. We fund party food and drinks for end of terms class events. We supply items like the disco equipment and playground games which all the children benefit from as well as supporting events and outings as part of the creative curriculum. We have recently provided the funds for the main playground markings which have proved a huge hit.
The school come to the PTA with requests for specific projects which are outside their standard funding steams to see whether we can help; such requests as in 2018/2019 for a school mini bus and for a new school stage.
We are always seeking suggestions for new and creative ideas for events and activities where we can further support the school. Please do get in touch if you have some suggestions!
Our Current Events
Please check the Week Ahead Pages and Facebook events page for up-to-date information and dates
- PTA Meetings - The PTA team meetings are open to all parents, carers and staff. You don’t need to book - please feel free to just turn up! All meetings take place from 6.30pm in the staff room.
- Christmas Shopping - Every year the PTA organise a Christmas market for the children to buy gifts for their loved ones. We need help to purchase gifts & run the market on the day and be Christmas elves wrapping presents.
- School Discos (Autumn and Spring) - The first of our two annual discos, is for children from year one and upwards. The second includes the Reception year children. While the children throw some shapes on the dance floor, we will need help to organise drinks, tickets and run the door!
- New to You Sale - The new to you sales are a chance to recycle out grown school uniform and classroom topic costumes. Bring items to the school the week before and then visit the stand on the table tennis tables for a chance to buy, recycle and save money.
- Summer Fair - The jewel in the PTA crown, the summer fair is our biggest fundraising activity of the year, raising well over £4000! There are stalls, games and bouncy castles for the children whilst the adults can enjoy a well-earned glass of Pimm’s or some tea and scones.
- Easter Bunanza - A busy day for the PTA! We provide Easter eggs for all the children and set Hove’s largest Easter egg hunt whilst the children are in church! Then at pick up time we have a new to you sale, a raffle and a cake sale.
- Quiz Night - The annual PTA quiz night is now the stuff of legends! A great social activity we normally pack the school hall. We have a well-stocked bar, light snacks and a healthily competitive quiz.
- End of year activities - At the end of each school year we support class parties, a leavers tea, ice creams for sports days and much more. Keep an eye on the Week Ahead sheet for more information
Any new ideas, volunteers always welcome – so do join in where you can. As there is more pressure on school funds so the PTA becomes even more essential to fund additional opportunities and support to all kids in the school.
We couldn’t do the things we do without all the support of the
St Andrews School Community – so thank you for your continued support.
Ways to Contact the PTA:
Fundraise while shopping:
You can also fundraise as you do any online shopping via:
NB: We are the fundraising, fun side of the school community; for school policies & processes it’s often best to contact the school office initially who can sign-post to the appropriate person. The PTA is made up of people like you - parents and carers who volunteer their time, so do bear with us as we try to respond to things as quickly as time allows.